Friday, October 9, 2015

Cultists WIP part 1

Finally finished putting together my first set of 10 Chaos Cultists and are now ready to be primed! These will be the first of a lot of things, one this will be the first time in a very long time that I sit down to paint to paint a unit of troops since I was like 16. Second these will be the test models for a lot of different painting and weathering techniques, also painting skin, metal, leather, and cloth. Also I'm hoping that this will get me over my resistance to painting, for some reason I keep feeling like I can't do it or if I do, do it that I'll mess it up in some way. And not anymore I'm tired of looking at all the gray plastic and I really want to feel good about putting something down on the table that looks awesome! I also have to say the details on these models are just amazing too, GW as really been killing it on th plastic kits lately.

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for this Throne!

I plan on painting them to match my Khorneate warband, that I plan on starting sometime in the future. I'm also painting them up so that they may be used i then Assassinorum Execution Force board game too. I think I have about another 30 cultists floating around somewhere in my studio, I plan on painting them all with a unifying color and do something unique with each unit so it's clear they are from separate units. Oh and the main color I'll be using to unify all the cultists together will be... You guessed it Khorne red! And brass. I thought about doing them in some sort of pre-Heresy World Eaters color scheme and then decided against it, which I'll talk about why later when explaining my warbands backstory. Now time to slap some paint on these bad boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment